IBMA announces Songwriter Showcase participants for 2022
Yesterday the International Bluegrass Music Association announced the 2022 participants for their annual Songwriter Showcase, as part of the Songwriter Track at the World of Bluegrass convention in Raleigh, NC this September. A total of ten writers are chosen to perform their original song before an audience of top bluegrass artists and producers, based on submissions sent earlier this year.
Selected for 2022 are:
- Aaron Bibelhauser – Long Hill to Climb
- Valerie Smith & Ashley Lewis – A Dollar Looked Mighty Good
- Ashlee Watkins & Andrew Small – Finish What You Started
- Carley Arrowood – Moondancer
- Timothy Scott Williams & Sarah Williams – Big Table
- Michelle Rivers – Gone
- Theo MacMillan – Getting Older
- Lizzy Ross of Violet Bell – I Can’t Say Nothing
- J.M. Clifford – Slow Rolling Train
- Buddy Guido & Paul Kelly – John Dear
IBMA provides a Songwriter Track each year during World of Bluegrass, just as they do for other membership constituencies, with events tailored specifically for writers to help develop their craft and ply their trade in the bluegrass industry.
Events on the track include:
- IBMA Songwriter Showcase
- Songwriters Meet & Greet Networking Reception
- Songwriter Mentor Sessions
- Song Critique Session
- Song Circles
World of Bluegrass 2022 is scheduled for September 27-29 in Raleigh, NC. Full registration details can be found online.
The post IBMA announces Songwriter Showcase participants for 2022 appeared first on Bluegrass Today.